Monday, March 19, 2012

Tool #8- Taking a Look at the Tools

1.    After watching the videos/tutorials, list two to three things you learned about the device(s) that will be in your classroom this fall.
I watched the video on the Netbooks and learned about the importance of keeping the netbooks from overheating and (I’m a little embarrassed to admit)… how to tell if the caps lock is on or off. . Also, I watched the videos and went to two separate trainings on the I Pad, one for Memorial and one for Special Education. The I pad is a great device. It is part camera, part video camcorder, part internet device, psrt media device. There are so many apps that I plan to explore over the Summer and incorporate into my lessons next year.  
2.    How do you plan to manage the device(s) in your classroom? Do you have ideas/suggestions that others may find useful?
The netbooks will great for student learning centers and also be useful for an expert student group presentation, as they can be directly connected to a webcam. Another use would be the research capabilities in co-teach classes. I am very excited to have this as an educational tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment